Sunday, June 20, 2010

If At First You Don't Succeed...


Try, try again.  After last week's metal clay debacle, I decided to give it a few days rest, and put it aside for a while.  And while I was mulling over what went wrong, an idea began to form: what if there were a way to create silver charms alive with color, and personalized in a unique way?  Well, guess what?  There is!  And thus was born my new line of charms and pendants: Adjectifs.  In these photos you can see the very first ones in their infancy.

 This one is for me with the date of my surgery.  These will go into the Survivors category of my Etsy shop, where, of course, the profits all go to cancer research.  However, the charms are not just for survivors; I will also be creating anniversary charms, birthday charms, and any other commemorative charms I can come up with or receive requests for.

In addition, I'll be doing some creative writing with these: it's a tell 'em how you're really feeling kind of thing.  You may notice that the charm in the following photo says: Creative.  There will be lots of those, with a number of different adjectives, describing all kinds of states of mind.  I've hand painted some watercolor paper in some beautiful colors, and will be adding the descriptive words in a couple of days, as soon as my new printer arrives.  They won't all be nice; some will be just for fun like: Diva, Sexy, Offbeat, Silly, Trippy, Smart and Funny.
What you're seeing here is the metal clay in an unfired state.  Looks pretty dull right now,I know, but once it has been fired and polished it will take on a beautiful silver shine.
Tomorrow after firing, I'll be posting some photos of the charms in their unpolished state.  Since I am planning a whole line of these charms, I thought that you might like to see the process from start to finish. 

Of course, Boone and Sunny like to help.  Their input during the creative process is key.  Lots of woo-wooing, and tail wagging makes me think that they like my ideas with a doggy version of: "Way to go, Mom!"
Please note: all designs are copyright Savoir Faire Creations 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment