Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome to 2011

What is it about the beginning of a new year?  It inspires us to make resolutions, change old habits, and clear up loose ends.  But, many of us find that while the spirit is willing, the flesh is oh so weak, and those well intentioned resolutions fall by the wayside after just a few weeks.  I think that maybe failed resolutions are a result of trying to take on too much all at once.  We want to lose weight, quit smoking, get all of our bills paid on time, exercise more... on and on and on.  Some years ago, I firmly resolved to make no more resolutions.  THAT one at least, I've managed to keep.

But this year I've been thinking: instead of trying to change my world, make myself perfect, do everything all at once, phew, I'm already tired... what about taking some small, baby steps to start reaching toward those goals?  I believe I'll start here with this brief post, and make a resolution to post here at least once a week, even if it's only a line or two, so stand by for more from this little corner of the world... 

1 comment: