Saturday, March 20, 2010

Love That Dirty Water...

 

Spring break, wonderful weather, so daughter Shann and I headed into the city yesterday to see some butterflies at the Museum of Science.




The Butterfly Garden is a beautiful place; especially after a long, dreary winter.  A virtual kaleidoscope of color and pattern greets you as you enter the room.  Green, blue, pink, orange, yellow - nearly all of the colors of the rainbow are there.  The Garden room is small, warm and steamy; just the way the butterflies like it.  As they meander from flower to foliage, they flutter around you and bump into you - a truly amazing experience.   Sometimes the butterflies like to land and hitch a ride; visitors are advised to check for hitchhikers as they leave the room.  Photographs are encouraged, and if I'd spent a little more time, I probably could have shot hundreds of photos.  But, it got a little warm for me in there, so I did reluctantly leave after fifteen minutes or so.  Even so, I'm glad I brought my camera as I was able to get in a few good shots:



And finally, for just a little slice of history (and some window shopping!), we paid a visit to historic Faneuil Hall.  I had a really fun day; the city is an interesting place, and the butterflies were a real joy.  Thanks, Shann!

No comments:

Post a Comment