Monday, December 21, 2009

Found It!

Finally located my desk under all of the clutter - hey, it's green!  As for the rest of the house, well, let's not go there!  We had an enormous snowfall over the weekend.  The third year in a row that we've had snow on the twentieth (my birthday).  As a birthday gift, my wonderful family insisted that I stay indoors and be comfortable, while they took care of snow removal.  Thank you, family!

I have been busy, busy, busy the past few weeks.  The fall semester at Massasoit Community College just ended, and I am looking forward to having some time to get my house in order, and to get back to work chainmailling and making some metal clay charms.  I have managed to squeeze in a few projects during all of the last minute madness of Christmas; I just had to make a chain for this beautiful Garnet and Marcasite pendant.  I thought that it had a sort of medieval look to it, and that the Byzantine Y would be perfect for it.  Do you agree?


  Also, finally came up with a suitable chain for this Roman Glass hook and eye clasp.  Yep, you guessed it - another Columbus Chain!  I hate to repeat myself, but it does seem to suit the clasp quite well.

And, last but not least, this Jens Pind chain.  This is a weave that I puzzled over for months and months.  I wanted to understand it, but somehow, I just couldn't.  Then one day, the light dawned at last,  and voila!  It was just as easy as it could be!  Go figure...  I must say though, that the tiny rings required by the aspect ratio of this weave make it a very painstaking project to undertake.  Worth it , I think, when all is said and done, but not a chain to finish in an hour or two.

I am intending to post again before Christmas, but in case I don't get a chance to say it before then, I'm wishing for a Wonderful Christmas season, and a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous, Peaceful New Year for all.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment