Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rained all day here - HARD! It doesn't seem very much like July. I hear the weather is supposed to improve over the weekend. I hope so. However, it was a great day to spend indoors with some very nice like-minded ladies who were learning to chainmaille. I am teaching now at the Gemorama store in Hanover, MA. If you're in the south suburban Boston area, and would like to try your hand at making some chainmaille, stop in and join us! I am enjoying these classes so much. It's so nice to meet all of these wonderful ladies, and spend a morning with them.
While I was there, I picked up a beautiful piece of Larimar for a pendant. I have been busy since I came home, creating a suitable bail for this piece, and I think I have come up with something that I am really happy with. I used oversized rings to make a Box chain bail with gold filled wire. I think it has a sort of Art Deco feel to it. I am planning to add graduated links to the bail to make a lightweight Box chain in a "Y" design. I can't quite capture the gorgeous blue color of this stone with my camera. You'll just have to see it for yourself to appreciate it. I will be putting it on display at Gemorama next week. Come by and take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment